Friday 19 September 2014

Prelim

When making my prelim it was fairly easy to set up the camera once shown how to do it. The white balance setting was tested by members of my team and I. We put a piece of paper in front of the lens so we could focus it to the correct lighting. 

When observing the 180 degree rule, it was very hard at first as my group had to do two takes as we were unclear that we had the keep the video running instead of stopping and starting on the shots we wanted at particular bits. When it was understood, the 180 degree rule was pretty simple to do as we did a video from each angle and then when we edit we will cut and place the shots we need. 

The 180 degree rule

Following the storyboard was very simple and we also improvised. Claudia and Mr Woods starred in our pre lim as they were the best actors that we could find at the time. They were very easy to work with and followed instructions given by the director, camera person and continuity person. 

This is the storyboard we followed...



As a group, Becca, Jess, Claudia and I worked very well. We all took turns changing roles so we could all have a go to film. Claudia was acting but filmed the close ups of Mr Wood that she wasn't in.

My personal contribution to the film was my part of being a director and filming 2 of the scenes from two different angles. I also did the continuity to make sure the object thrown landed in the same place every time and was thrown and dropped every time as well as the actors staying in the same position the whole time. I observed the story board each time before we did the shot to make sure it was right.

If i had the chance to improve i would do more camera angles if i had more time as we only got one extra shot done which was a high shot. I think shots like low shot signify and connote more ideas. Additionally I would like to use the camera more as i liked to film and get it in the right position. Finally i would like to the do a more interesting story line.










No comments:

Post a Comment