Tuesday 23 September 2014

Editing the Prelim

For my prelim, i edited using Adobe Premiere Pro. I found that this was very simple to use once i got the hang of it. I found the idea of continuity hard after we had filmed it as we made a mistake with the door opening and closing so we couldn't use one shot because the door wasn't in sync with the other shot when putting two together.

I chose the shots by choosing the ones that flowed and observed continuity which was challenging. We organised our shots by matching the story board and the ones that looked good together. We checked for things like selective focus as that makes the outcome better.

We did shot reverse shot as Claudia and Mr Wood were having a conversation, additionally the eyeline match was also done when they were in the conversation. Lastly we also did match and action. Mr Wood walked in and chucked a packet of gum at Claudia and in the next scene she chucked it.

If I had to improve I would do more transitions and make sure everything is done properly like focus shots.


This is the screen whilst editing.

The logging.


The variety of shots.



This was the exporting of the clip.

No comments:

Post a Comment